TEDxOttawaSalon: Bold & Brilliant
Wednesday, April 8th, 2020
Join us for our first TEDxOttawaSalon where thinkers, doers, creators and makers come together for conversation and thought provoking speakers all with the goal of ideas worth spreading.
- Jill Heinerth: Cave Diver and Author: Into The Planet
- Amanda Jetté Knox and Zoe Knox: Author: Love Lives Here: A Story of Thriving in a Transgender Family
- Bernadette Clement: Mayor, Cornwall
- Meredith Thatcher: Change Manager
- Cheryl Netterfield: Retired Military Doctor
- Teri Kingston: Caregiver Advocate
- Erin Kennedy: RobotGrrl
- Emcee: Lianne Laing
- 5pm- Doors Open / Networking
- 6:15pm- Exclusive Show by Aerial Antics
- 6:30pm- Act 1: BOLD
- 8:00pm- Intermission
- 8:45pm- Act 2: BRILLIANT
- Networking Reception and Intermission hosted by Top Shelf with hosted bar and drink samples.
Ottawa Art Gallery – Alma Duncan Salon
50 Mackenzie King Bridge, Ottawa, ON K1N 0C5
Did you know that the Ottawa Art Gallery is FREE and open 9am-9pm. Be sure to come early and visit the exhibits.
Tickets: $50 (plus an Eventbrite service fee of $4.06)
Every ticket purchased enters a draw for 1 night stay for two at La Germain
TED is a nonprofit organization devoted to Ideas Worth Spreading. Started as a four-day conference in California 30 years ago, TED has grown to support its mission with multiple initiatives. The two annual TED Conferences invite the world’s leading thinkers and doers to speak for 18 minutes or less.
x = independently organized event
In the spirit of ideas worth spreading, TEDx is a program of local, self-organized events that bring people together to share a TED-like experience. At a TEDx event, TED Talks video and live speakers combine to spark deep discussion and connection. These local, self-organized events are branded TEDx, where x = independently organized TED event. The TED Conference provides general guidance for the TEDx program, but individual TEDx events are self-organized. (Subject to certain rules and regulations.)
TEDxOttawa is a non-profit organization and as such are always looking for volunteers to assist with sharing ideas.
TEDxOttawa is always looking for sponsors. If your organization would like to be involved please read the sponsorship package under the sponsor tab.