A virtual event was held on June 9th @ 7:00pm
Showcasing the following speakers who are making a difference in our community during this challenging time.
- Emily Jones Joanisse, CEO and Co-Founder of Connected Canadians
- Michael Dixon, President and Founder of Canadian Funeral Peer Support
- Jennifer Regnier, Owner/ Founder UnEarth Education Éveillée
- Manali Scott, Spiritual Wellness Coach / Owner, Zen for You Manali
- Michael Wood, Entrepreneur, small business advocate
- Amanda Lee, CT Technologist Ottawa Hospital who’s viral lip sync video encouraging social isolation to the tune and lyrics of Arden’s Sleepless.
Emceed by Sam Laprade, who is currently keeping busy with her week day 1310 radio coverage of Covid-19.
TEDxOttawa Salon: Staying ConnecTED
TED is a nonprofit organization devoted to Ideas Worth Spreading. Started as a four-day conference in California 30 years ago, TED has grown to support its mission with multiple initiatives. The two annual TED Conferences invite the world’s leading thinkers and doers to speak for 18 minutes or less.
x = independently organized event
In the spirit of ideas worth spreading, TEDx is a program of local, self-organized events that bring people together to share a TED-like experience. At a TEDx event, TED Talks video and live speakers combine to spark deep discussion and connection. These local, self-organized events are branded TEDx, where x = independently organized TED event. The TED Conference provides general guidance for the TEDx program, but individual TEDx events are self-organized. (Subject to certain rules and regulations.)
TEDxOttawa is a non-profit organization and as such are always looking for volunteers to assist with sharing ideas.
TEDxOttawa is always looking for sponsors. If your organization would like to be involved please read the sponsorship package under the sponsor tab.